Ever wondered what it’s like to work at a world-class waterpark? Now is your chance! We offer a range of positions including lifeguards, program leaders, and food service for Dusty's Grill.
Lifeguards – Want an exciting, fast paced, fulfilling job? A City of Palmdale lifeguard position might be right for you. Lifeguards complete a variety of tasks every day at DryTown that include:
- Prevent accidents through enforcement of policies, rules, and regulations
- Keep attentive lookout for accidents in the water or while patrons are riding an attraction.
- Explain and maintain pool safety rules.
- Rescue distressed swimmers.
- Administer CPR and First Aid.
- Assist in routine waterpark maintenance and cleaning.
- Interact with members of the community in a fun and helpful way.
- Meet new people in an environment of learning, enthusiasm, and comradery.
In order to apply for one of these positions, you must first complete a Lifeguard Academy class where you learn all the skills you will need to work as a lifeguard and receive your Red Cross Lifeguarding certification. These classes are held at various times throughout the year. To find and register for a class, go to www.Playpalmdale.com and search Lifeguard Academy. Following the completion of the Academy, you will complete the interview process. Lifeguards are managed under our Aquatics Team. This is a great position for those of you that love to swim, are interested in pursuing a career in first aid, medic response and law enforcement.
Program Leaders – Program Leaders ensure a fun, smooth and safe guest experience. Some job duties include; working the main gate, cleaning up the concessions area, managing the lines at the attractions. This position can open the door to learning many new skills such as customer service, conflict resolution, and cash handling. Recruitment is listed under Program Leader 1 and is open to all levels of skills. This division is managed by the DryTown Management team.
Both positions above are with the City of Palmdale and as such come with many perks, such as:
- Working for a local government
- A fun learning environment to build your on your experience
- We offer an employee appreciation night filled with games, slides, and festivities
- A chance to give back to the community
- An opportunity to work with friends and have a blast doing so
Did you know that DryTown Waterpark has been annually recruiting since 2006? We have provided the first work experience for many students that have gone off to become doctors, nurses, paramedics, law enforcement and more. Want to know more about recruitment? Check out our timeline below:
- We hire annually every year and open recruitment as early as January.
- We host interviews either in-person or virtually
- Interviews are scheduled in the month of March – we are flexible!
- Trainings start in May, with the first trainings being completed online.
- First in-person trainings start 2 weeks before opening weekend.
- We accommodate school schedules.
- We have staff that work with their friends, brothers, sisters and cousins. Want to have fun at work? Tell your friends to apply too.